ZBD Bistable LCDs
About ZBD Bistable LCDs
New Vision Display acquired the ZBD LCD technology – including patents, know-how, employees and facility – on September 20th, 2019. ZBD LCDs are a low-power, reflective, bistable LCD technology that offers paper-like reflectivity, wide viewing angles, wide storage/operating temperatures, and long-term stability at a low cost. ZBDs use standard LCD material with a robust and proven supply chain. Because of their unique advantages, ZBDs are an excellent display solution for battery-operated devices, outdoor environments, and bright lighting conditions. Call us to discuss if ZBD LCDs are the right choice for your project!
For more detailed information, read our article: What are ZBD LCDs?
- Bistable LCD display technology
- Low power – no power consumption between display updates
- Sunlight readable (paper-like)
- Automotive grade
- Passive matrix
- No multiplex limit
- Infinite image lifetime (below 110°C)
- Wide operating temperature (-10°C to +90°C)
- Custom sizes up to 14” diagonal
- Custom resolutions
- Low tooling costs
- Color printed areas
- Polariser options: low cost, automotive, colored
- Cover glass lamination – various glass substrates available
- Optical bonding of cover glass to display
- What are ZBD LCDs?
- NVD acquires ZBD LCD technology and Malvern, UK facility
- Sunlight Readable LCDs
- What is “liquid crystal”?
- How do LCDs work?
- What is multiplex addressing?
- What’s the difference between LCD and OLED displays?
- Ways to Enhance the Functionality of LCD Displays
- How to Choose the Right Components for Your Display Module
- Display & Touch System Integration
- Displays for Medical Applications
- Requirements for Industrial TFT Displays
- Designing Low Reflectance Touch Panels for Sunlight Readability