Glove and Water Touch Demo (Electronica 2014)
Glove and Water Touch Demonstration
Here’s a demonstration of some of our PRECI-Touch capabilities at the Electronica 2014 tradeshow in Germany: Multi-point touch sensors that support both glove operation and water immunity. This technology is ideal for automotive, medical and outdoor applications. Contact us for a quote on your project.
“I’m here to show you one of our latest technologies on projected capacitive touch sensors. So, this is a sensor that we have developed in a 7” size, which supports glove operation and also has water immunity function. This is multi-touch sensor, glass based, that uses an Atmel controller, the latest generation. And you can see that if we operate it with a glove it works fine, and also with two touches and 3 touches. It’s difficult to see because the glove is so big, but it’s a really thick glove, so ideal for automotive and outdoor application. The special thing about this design is that it operates both, at the same time without changing firmware, glove support (operation with thick glove, like I showed here) together with what I’m going to show you right now, with water immunity. So, if I spray water on it, not every touch panel will be able to handle that. With a wet finger it still supports touch. There are touch panels that support water or glove, but this is something new that supports both.’
More Touch-Related Topics:
- Does Your Product Need a Capacitive Touchscreen?
- Application of Single, Dual and Multi-Touch User Interfaces on Projected Capacitive Touch Screens
- User Interface Design for Touch Screen Displays
- Display & Touch System Integration
- Glass Treatments for Touch Screens
- Designing Low Reflectance Touch Panels for Sunlight Readability
- A Brief History of the LCD: From Carrot Cholesterol to TFTs with Capacitive Touchscreens