What information is collected about you and how is it collected?
When you browse our Site or use our Services, non-personal information (i.e., information that generally cannot be used to identify you as an individual) may be collected through voluntary disclosure by you and/or through various automated mechanisms such as information:
- about products that you own such as model numbers, serial numbers and purchase location;
- about your internet connection, browser, IP address, files you download or view, your path through our Site, the date, time and frequency you spend accessing our Site, and the length of time you spend reviewing certain features;
- about your actual physical location using various technologies to determine location, including IP address; and/or
- you voluntarily provide us, including through surveys, such as income, dwelling type, occupation, preferences, interests and opinions.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Our Services and Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
There are cases in which we ask you for personal information including first and last name, mailing address and email address, as well as certain billing and credit card information. We may also ask for and/or collect information from and about you such as when you (a) choose to create an account, (b) place an order for a product, (c) sign up for news updates, (d) complete online surveys or respond to marketing initiatives, contests, events or promotions, (e) provide information in fillable forms or fields, (f) request information about us or the Services, or (g) submit product reviews.
We imply your consent to our collection and use of personal information in conjunction with the particular reason(s) for which we are collecting the personal information. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information at any time by using the information in the “How to Contact Us?” section herein. While you are not required to provide the personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services if you choose not to provide the information we have requested or allow for our use of the personal information as set forth above.
We may work with the following third-party service providers that use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses, other visited websites, etc.) and conduct analytics to:
- evaluate use of our Site and help us track and understand how visitors use our Site; and
- generate online advertisements tailored to your interests and direct the same to you on your computing device.
To learn more about the information practices of these third parties, please visit their privacy policies linked below:
- Google Analytics, Google Ads: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Hubspot: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Leadfeeder: https://www.leadfeeder.com/privacy/
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Callrail: https://www.callrail.com/privacy/
- Bing Ads: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/PrivacyStatement
- Linkedin Ads: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
How is your personal information stored?
We follow accepted industry standards to store and protect any personal information that we collect or that you have provided to us. For instance, we employ various firewalls and other security tactics (e.g., private networks, SSL certified websites) to keep your information secure. As no method of electronic transmission or storage can ever be fully secure, however, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
How do we use your information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for:
- processing payments and orders;
- product shipment;
- fulfilling warranty claims;
- improving our products and services;
- business purposes such as data analyses, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, and new product development;
- contacting you directly;
- providing you with information or services that you request from us;
- aggregating with other data to better understand purchasing patterns and customer behaviors; and/or fulfilling other purposes for which you provide it.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
Except as described in this Policy, we do not rent, sell, or otherwise distribute to third parties, your personal information entered on this site without your consent, unless required by law or as disclosed to you when the information is collected. If you do provide us with consent to share your personal information with third party companies, we may do so and then these companies may contact you regarding products and services that they think may be of interest to you.
We may disclose personal information that you provide as described in this Policy for the reasons stated above regarding how we use the information. For instance, we may share your personal information with our third-party service providers on a need-to-know basis that we engage to perform certain services on our behalf. We require that they protect this personal information and only use it to perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use outside shipping companies, credit card processing companies, and distributors.
We may also disclose personal information to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others; to verify or enforce compliance with this Policy or other policies of New Vision Display; or as part of a merger or acquisition.
Additionally, we may share statistical, anonymized or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This data is used to customize our Site’s content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users.
What are your choices about how we collect, use, and disclose your information?
At the time when you provide personal information to us, or when you register for an account on our Site to use the services which we provide, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding your use of our Site or our products and services. However, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us:
- Email Communications. If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special offers or about our products and services, you can unsubscribe from this service using the unsubscribe option provided in the email or by contacting us using the information in the “How to contact us?” section. We will still send you emails regarding your products if you registered your product, such as warranty and safety information, and emails in response to your communications to us or related to the purpose for which you supplied us with your email address.
How do you remove or correct your personal information?
You may change or remove personal information stored in your account by logging into your account on our Site and modifying the information. If you wish to have us delete your personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us using the information in the “How to contact us?” section. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
How can you opt out of sharing personal information with our Site or request a copy of your stored information?
Please contact us using the information in the “How to contact us?” section.
Do we honor Do Not Track (DNT) requests received from browsers?
We do not track users through collection of personal information over time and across third party sites, and any collection of personal information collected through your use of the Site (including by third party service providers) is described in this Policy. We do not support and do not respond to “do not track” or similar technical requests.
What is excluded from this Policy?
- Third Party Sites. Our Site may contain links to websites owned by other companies. We do not control or endorse and are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites or third parties to whom you may link from our website. This Policy is not intended to describe data handling procedures for information collected by other linked websites or business partners.
- Children Under the Age of 13. Our Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or through any of the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use our Site and Services or provide any information to or through our Site and Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us?” section below.
How is information handled from users outside of the US?
If you live outside the United States (including Canada, Mexico and the European Economic Area), and you use our Services or provide us with personal information through our Site, such information will be handled in accordance with this Policy. Our Site is governed by and operated in accordance with US law. By using our Site or Services and giving us your personal information, you are thus transferring your information to us in the US and acknowledge that the US may have a different degree of information protection than that in your jurisdiction; you also consent to collection and use of your information in accordance with this Policy. You are solely responsible for compliance with information protection and privacy obligations in your jurisdiction.
Will this Policy change?
This Policy may change from time-to-time and we strive to timely disclose changes on this page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Policy to check for any changes.
How to contact us?
For information regarding this Policy, contact us at:
New Vision Display, Inc.
Attention: Aubree Abernethy
25 S. Grove Ave, Suite 400
Elgin, IL 60120