New Vision Display Customer Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus
Updated March 23rd, 2020
At New Vision Display (“NVD”), supporting our customers has always been our top priority. During this unprecedented time surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to reassure you of our commitment to keeping customers updated in case of any shipment delays or other issues that may arise as a result of the situation. We are working diligently to avoid disruptions to customers, protect and train our staff, and prevent further spread of the virus. We are pleased to report that, at this time, our factories are currently functioning at 95% capacity and our suppliers report an average of 90% production capacities. Below outlines some of the key measures taken in response to the pandemic, and our current ability to fulfill customer orders.
Emergency Business Continuity Plan
At the time the COVID-19 outbreak became serious in China on January 20th, NVD’s factories implemented our Emergency Business Continuity Plan (“EBCP”). The EBCP outlines detailed operational procedures and work instructions to guide the company’s epidemic control and prevention. The EBCP remains in effect until government officials declare the epidemic over. We are closely monitoring the events as they unfold and will adjust our safety measures based on epidemic changes and local government requirements.
Manufacturing Site Emergency Procedures:
- During the initial weeks of the crisis, the NVD factory was closed for CNY holiday. The factory closure was extended through February 10th as an extra precaution. During the holiday, all China-based staff members were required to report their personal information and holiday travel history into the government system by February 5th. NVD performed a risk analysis based on the information shared and only permitted healthy employees who had not traveled in affected areas to return to work after the factory closure ended on Feb 10th.
- Staff members have been trained on COVID-19 symptoms and prevention measures, and informational signs/reminders have been posted throughout the facilities.
- Staff members are required to sign a letter of commitment affirming their understanding and cooperation with measures to control and prevent the spread of the virus.
- Workers and staff are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands regularly throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is abundantly available throughout the factory.
- The temperature of each employee is checked daily upon entering the factories and dormitories. Anyone found having symptoms of COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) is immediately isolated and transferred to the local health department for treatment.
- Staff members are required to wear the masks inside factories and dormitories. Staff receive a new mask daily and discard old masks daily.
- Offices and dormitories are disinfected a minimum of two times per shift.
- New hires are quarantined per government requirements before being permitted into the factory/dormitory areas.
- NVD resumed factory operations on the 10th of February, initially with around 80-85% employees returning to work. Employees that had traveled to high-risk areas (Hubei province) were restricted from returning to work.
- As of March 23, 2020, we are pleased to report that all our factories (Shenzhen, Yongzhou, Changsha) have been able to resume a production rate of more than 95%, with >95% of our employees able to return to work. Only a few of our staff from the Wuhan area have not returned yet, due to the circumstances. We are actively recruiting new staff to achieve 100% production rates. New hires are required to quarantine for 14 days before being permitted to enter the factory/dormitory areas.
- Our suppliers’ report an average of 90% production capacity currently. We are monitoring their situation closely and will report any problems to you ASAP.
- In case NVD encounters any production capacity problems, we can move projects to other factories with customer permission. We will discuss any changes with customers in advance.
We are committed to informing you of any changes as soon as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you for your partnership. Please stay safe and healthy.