ZBD Bistable LCDs
About ZBD Bistable LCDs
New Vision Display acquired the ZBD LCD technology – including patents, know-how, employees and facility – on September 20th, 2019.
ZBD LCDs utilize a low-power, reflective, bistable LCD technology that was invented in the 1990s. They offer paper-like reflectivity, wide viewing angles, wide storage/operating temperatures, and long-term stability at a low cost. Originally utilized in electronic shelf displays (over 10 million devices shipped to date!), they are rapidly growing in popularity for many other applications due to their unique advantages over other types of displays. They are especially advantageous in battery-operated devices, outdoor environments, and bright lighting conditions. Call us to discuss if ZBD LCDs are the right choice for your project!
For more detailed information, read our article: What are ZBD LCDs?
- Bistable LCD display technology
- Low power – no power consumption between display updates
- Sunlight readable
- Automotive grade
- Passive matrix
- No multiplex limit
- Infinite image lifetime (below 110°C)
- Wide operating temperature (-10°C to +90°C)
- Custom sizes up to 14” diagonal
- Custom resolutions
- Low tooling costs
- Color printed areas
- Polariser options: low cost, automotive, colored
- Cover glass lamination – various glass substrates available
- Optical bonding of cover glass to display
- What are ZBD LCDs?
- NVD acquires ZBD LCD technology and Malvern, UK facility
- Sunlight Readable LCDs
- What is “liquid crystal”?
- How do LCDs work?
- What is multiplex addressing?
- What’s the difference between LCD and OLED displays?
- Ways to Enhance the Functionality of LCD Displays
- How to Choose the Right Components for Your Display Module
- Display & Touch System Integration
- Displays for Medical Applications
- Requirements for Industrial TFT Displays
- Designing Low Reflectance Touch Panels for Sunlight Readability